Welcome to the Student Affairs Portfolio of the CFMS!
Vision: Train healthier physicians to maximize the productivity and quality of health care services for Canadians.
Strategic Directions for 2020-2022:
- Develop health promoting communities.
- Promote a positive culture in medical education that prioritizes learner wellbeing.
- Increase collaboration within the medical community.
- Optimize student resources.
What do we do?
We are passionate about supporting medical students through their medical school journey. We play an integral role in promoting learner wellness, connecting students together across the country, and providing member services. Our work includes:
- Culture Changers Campaign: Each Spring, we will accept nominations from medical students who would like to acknowledge “Culture Changers” - those residents and physicians who have made lasting impacts on their medical education.
- Electives Database: The platform provides constructive comments from other students across Canada describing their own experience at the elective site.
- Interviews Database: The platform provides constructive comments from other students across Canada describing their own experience at each interview site.
- Leadership Awards: The CFMS, in collaboration with MD Financial Management, have created an award designed to recognize some of the passionate, dedicated, and caring medical student leaders across Canada.
- Longitudinal Wellness Initiative: This exciting initiative strives to highlight supportive strategies and resources to promote different components of wellness
- National Wellness Challenge: The NWC is a month-long, nationwide event that seeks to promote wellness among Canadian medical students.
- Safe Spaces: Safe Spaces: Let’s Get Real is an opportunity for medical students across the country to discuss a wide range of issues around medical student health and wellness.
- Student Discounts: The CFMS offers a variety of discounts including UpToDate, textbooks and apps, hotel/car/travel, WestJet rebates during CaRMS and even LASIK MD Laser eye surgery!
- Wellness Curriculum Framework: The WCF consists of 16 evidence-based goals, each with 2-5 associated objectives, and is anchored in the five domains of wellness as laid out by the World Health Organization, that are relevant to medical students.