About the CFMSThe CFMS is an organization representing over 8,000 medical students from 15 Canadian medical student societies from coast to coast. We represent medical students to the public, to the federal government, and to national and international medical organizations.
*La traduction française est à venir
National Interview Period Giveaway
The CFMS Education Portfolio is partnering with MD Financial Management and Scotiabank Healthcare + to bring final year Canadian medical students* a giveaway contest throughout the national interview period!
*Terms and conditions apply, please read on for the eligibility criteria and to learn how to enter!
February 6th-26th, 2023
Eligibility requirements include:
- Being a Canadian medical student;
- An active general member of the CFMS, belonging to one of 15 CFMS member schools/ campuses or an individual, paid member of the CFMS as per the Bylaws;
- A member of the class of 2023 or currently going through the match process.
This year, we decided to bring you a residency match contest centered around wellness throughout the national interview period! You may have seen that our Student Affairs Portfolio is currently running our month-long National Wellness Challenge for the month of February, so we are building on the #wellness theme and bringing you a contest just for you (final year medical students). The contest will be held over social media (Instagram and Twitter), with a third party tracker relying on the use of the required account tags (@) and hashtags (#). Students will be verified to ensure they are in their final year of studies.
To enter, at minimum you must complete the “interview look” challenge anytime between February 6-26th - posting a picture of your interview look to Instagram story and/or Twitter and using the hashtag and account tags, AND you must fill out this form which will help us verify you as an eligible candidate. This gets you into the grand prize draw.
Additionally, you will have the chance to enter into each weekly draw by completing an additional weekly challenge based on the National Wellness Challenge theme(s), as listed below. Each weekly draw you qualify for also gives you a bonus entry in the grand prize draw for a maximum total of four (4) grand prize entries.
Week 1: February 6th-12th
- To enter this weekly prize draw and earn a bonus grand prize draw entry, complete any one of the following Mental Wellness challenges and post a picture to Instagram and/or Twitter using the hashtag and required account tags:
- Get some sunshine with friends/ family/ a pet
- Encourage a friend going through their own interviews
- Write down 3 things you’re thankful for (feel free to keep them hidden in your post)
Week 2: February 13th-19th
- To enter this weekly prize draw and earn a bonus grand prize draw entry, complete any one of the following Physical Wellness challenges and post a picture to Instagram and/or Twitter using the hashtag and required account tags:
- Go on a walk outdoors (with friends/ family/ a pet if you can!)
- Do your full skincare routine
- Do your favourite form of exercise, or try something new!
Week 3: February 20th-26th
- To enter this weekly prize draw and earn a bonus grand prize draw entry, complete any one of the following Nutritional and Environmental Wellness challenges and post a picture to Instagram and/or Twitter using the hashtag and required account tags:
- Make a healthy meal with a friend/ loved one
- Use a reusable coffee cup when you pick up coffee
- Eat breakfast before your interview(s)
Weekly prize draws: 3x weekly gift basket raffles (approximately $50 in value), including movie tickets and CFMS/MDFM and Scotiabank swag!
Grand prize draw: 1x grand prize draw for $250 flight vouchers!!!
- Enter the grand prize giveaway by
- Posting a picture of your “interview look” to Instagram and/or Twitter, tagging @MDFinancialManagement and @CFMSFEMC, and using the hashtag #CFMSMatchContest2023, AND
- Filling out this form required to verify your eligibility
- Enter the optional weekly giveaway(s)* by
- Posting a picture according to the weekly challenges listed above to Instagram and/or Twitter, tagging @MDFinancialManagement and @CFMSFEMC, and using the hashtag #CFMSMatchContest2023
- Fill out the very short weekly form so we can use it to verify your eligibility:
- Follow along on social media as we announce the weekly prize winners and grand prize draw winner
- Weekly prize draw announcements: February 13th, 20th, 27th
- Grand prize draw announcement: March 1st
*Note - for each weekly contest you enter, you also receive a bonus entry into the grand prize giveaway for up to four (4) total entries
Please reach out to Danielle Judd (CFMS Director of Education) - [email protected]