About the CFMSThe CFMS is an organization representing over 8,000 medical students from 15 Canadian medical student societies from coast to coast. We represent medical students to the public, to the federal government, and to national and international medical organizations.
TLDR: The CFMS Annual Review is calling for submissions!
The CFMS Annual Review is an annual publication showcasing initiatives, research, projects, and creative talent from medical students across Canada. The Annual Review is nationally circulated to medical school deans, medical students, medical organizations, provincial ministers of health, and members of parliament. Please visit https://www.cfms.org/resources/annual-review for more information.
As the global community continues to familiarize itself with COVID-19, we are slowly accepting and defining a new kind of normalcy. The uncertainty of this disease has fatigued us all. At the same time, it has also provided respite from the hustle and bustle of daily life. This issue will explore how we’ve reconditioned our ways of thinking in response to pressing demands, needs and challenges, such as calls for social change, physical distancing, etc.
We invite all kinds of submissions, from stories of clinical experiences and travel to photos of electives abroad, newborns, weddings. We are also seeking:
- articles - reflection, opinion/editorial pieces
- creative writing - short stories, poems, songs
- artwork – painting, drawing, photography
Written pieces should be no longer than 800 words. Please submit written work in .doc file format. Please submit visual art in .jpeg format. File size should not exceed 10 MB. You may send more than one submission.
Here are some suggestions for submission content. Submissions do not need to adhere to any of these topics or be COVID-specific.
- Have you been involved in a community initiative? These can include local/provincial/national projects during COVID-19
- Have you been involved in any innovative projects? These can include projects that have provided solutions to some of the challenges of COVID-19.
- How has the pandemic redefined wellness for you? What are some ways that you are coping or learning to cope?
- How can we address renewed calls for equality?
We are also seeking submissions for this issue’s cover art to acknowledge our theme. You have the license to be creative through drawing, painting, digital art, photography, or your medium of choice. Please follow the same submission guidelines for artwork outlined above. For cover art consideration, please include in subject line: “Cover Art.”
Please send all submissions and queries to Clara Osei-Yeboah, our Annual Review editor, at [email protected]. Deadline for submissions extended until January 22, 2021 11:59 PM EST.