About the CFMSThe CFMS is an organization representing over 8,000 medical students from 15 Canadian medical student societies from coast to coast. We represent medical students to the public, to the federal government, and to national and international medical organizations.
The CFMS is a national member organization (NMO) of the International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA), which represents, connects and engages every day with medical students from 135 NMOs in 125 countries around the globe. Are you interested in getting involved in leadership within the IFMSA? Then this opportunity is for you! Please see below for detailed information about this position from the IFMSA. In addition, the IFMSA’s recently published Manual on How to Write an Application may be useful for you, and can be found here: bit.ly/IFMSAManual
The IFMSA is opening the first call for International Assistants and Program Coordinators for the term 2019-2020!
International Teams (ITs) and Program Coordinators (PCs) are the pillars of the work of our Federation. It is only with ITs and PCs that we are able to implement new ideas, challenge the status quo and shape our Federation as a leading youth organization! With this call, we invite motivated IFMSA members from across the world, equipped with time, dedication, passion, and ideas to join us in the beautiful journey of the 2019-2020 term.
In the call ( linked here) you can find the task descriptions for all positions, as well as the necessary requirements set by the Officials of the 2019-2020 term.
We would like to emphasize that within the call, as well as in the continuation of this message, you will find the exact procedure that needs to be respected in order to have a valid candidature. It is very important that candidates read these instructions carefully and respect them. Invalid candidatures will not be considered. Up until 24 hours before the deadline, EB Elect members will be reviewing candidatures that were received and inform candidates if they need to correct something. We, therefore, recommend that candidatures are sent earlier so that we can ensure that all candidates will be considered in the selection process.
- 03/09/2019 Deadline for the 1st call applications
- 04/09/2019 List of the candidates + candidatures shared with NMOs
- 05/09/2019 Share the validity of the 1st call candidates
- 10/09/2019 Deadline for NMOs to give inputs for the 1st call applications
- 14/09/2019 The decision of the 1st call for International Team and Program Coordinators
- 01/10/2019 Announcement of the 1st Call appointments
- All candidatures are to be sent only to [email protected] email account by 3rd September 2019 @ 23:59 GMT. They will be then shared with the relevant Official Elect, and shortly after with NMOs. Late candidatures will be deemed invalid
- Candidates must ensure that the subject of their email contains the code corresponding to the position they are applying for. All the information about the codes can be found in the call: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aQaBssmn9NiHrVc4b-irxpI4_SP3Et2T/view
- All candidates interested in applying must submit the following:
- A filled out Candidature Form (CF), signed and stamped by the NMO President. Email your completed candidature form to Director of Global Health Michelle Quaye at [email protected] so that it can be signed and stamped. You can find the document to fill here. Example of filled CF can be found here. The NMO Name for CFMS is “CFMS-Canada”.
- A filled out Technical Data Card for International Assistants and Program Coordinators. You can find the document to fill here. Example of filled TDC can be found here.
- A motivation letter: not more than one page long highlighting previous IFMSA (or CFMS) experience.
- A plan of action: not more than two pages long.
- Curriculum vitae adapted to the position, not more than two pages long. Proof of information provided in the CV should be available upon request by a National Member Organization
- High-resolution, colored, a passport-sized photograph, for publication purposes
- One copy of the identity page of the candidate’s passport for registration purposes
Kindly download the word files of the CF and the TDC, fill with appropriate information refer to the examples attached. Save documents as following (preferably):
Example as per the sample attached
Convert the appropriately filled, signed and stamped word documents into PDF documents (preferably) and attach them to the email that contains code. Finally send it to [email protected] before 3rd September 2019, 23:59 GMT!
Motivational Letter, Plan of Action and Curriculum Vitae must not exceed their page limit or the candidature will be invalid.
Candidates must be available for an online interview scheduled upon agreement with the relevant Official;
Examples of correctly filled out Candidature Forms and Technical Data Cards can also be found in the attachments. Please make sure you read them and fill them accordingly
In order to avoid confusion as to what to write in the “Position Candidate is applying for” section of the CF, we have written exact names of positions to be written in this section. These can be found in the summary table (here)
Candidates must ensure that the subject of their email contains the code corresponding to the position they are applying for. All the information about the codes can be found in the call and (here)
All candidates must respect the IFMSA Constitution and Bylaws, and every candidate must fulfill requirements in Bylaw paragraph 6.24 in order to be valid;
International Assistants and Program Coordinators from the first call will be selected on 14th September 2019, however, they will be announced on the 1st October 2019.
Thank you for reading through this detailed description. In case you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us by emailing us to [email protected] and we will reply as soon as we are able to.”
Please email CFMS Director of Global Health, Michelle Quaye, at [email protected] with any questions you may have, and with your candidature form so it can be signed and stamped.