About the CFMSThe CFMS is an organization representing over 8,000 medical students from 15 Canadian medical student societies from coast to coast. We represent medical students to the public, to the federal government, and to national and international medical organizations.
The Organizing Committee of the IFMSA August General Assembly, the IFMSA August Meeting 2018, is excited to open one new position on its team. One CFMS member will be welcomed to join the fundraising team, in order to help us in our fundraising efforts and search for strategic partners, particularly across Canada (excluding Quebec). Under the direction of Alexandra Chicoine - Fundraising and Human Resources Director, the selected candidates will be an integral part of a motivated and dynamic team, and will work directly for the success of the event.
To learn about the event, visit http://am2018.ifmsa.qc.ca.
Proposed Tasks for the CFMS Fundraising Coordinator;
- Plan 5 hours of work per week;
- Establish and execute the fundraising plan to ensure the event financial viability;
- Target and make deals with key strategic partners across Canada, with the help of the CFMS network;
- Write and/or revise contracts between partners and the Organizing Committee;
- Be the contact person for a certain number of partnerships and manage the communications between them and the Organizing Committee;
- Report to the Fundraising and Human Resources Director as well as to the Chair of the Organizing Committee;
- Commit to respect and promote the values, principles and objectives of IFMSA-Québec.
- Be a medical student in Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, New Brunswick, British Columbia, Newfoundland, or Nova Scotia;
- Show interest in large-scale events;
- Must stay involved until the end of the project in August 2018;
- Master English, written and spoken (French is a plus);
- Past experience in events management or fundraising is a plus, but not mandatory.
Candidates must submit the following documents to [email protected] by December 20th, 2017.
- Motivation Letter (½ to 1 page), including the following points:
- Personal motivation to be in the team;
- Relevant past experiences (fundraising efforts, partnerships, leadership, etc).
- Vision for the position, including some ideas for potential institutional and financial partners.
- Declaration of the Conflict of Interest (positions you have in other organisations, associations or interest groups, etc).
The candidates will be selected by the Fundraising and Human Resources Officer and the Organizing Committee. The results will be announced by e-mail.
For any questions, please email us at [email protected].